Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 00:35:32 GMT by Clifford Cole Midwest Design And Drafting Llc Owner
I just installed Advanced Steel 2012 and Advance Steel Management Tools 2012.  I have also installed service packs 1 & 2 for AS2012.  When I tried to convert the databases from AS2011 using the Advance Manager for 2012, I received an error message telling me "The type initializer for 'DotNetRoots.DatabaseAccess.AstorSettings' threw an exception.

After trying the bolt editor and anchor bolt editor, I also received similar error messages.

I have tried repairing both Advance Steel and the Advance Manager to no avail.  Uninstalling both programs and reinstalling them did no good either.

I am using Windows XP Pro 64 bit with 8 MB ram.  Advance Steel 2011 and Advance Manager 2011 work great.  Any ideas out there?

Thanks!
Posted Tue, 02 Oct 2012 11:22:32 GMT by Dumitru BERTEANU Graitec ROMANIA
Hello,

Please give us the following additional information to help us identify the problem on your side with GAM 2012 :
- when does GAM give the error message ? When you click on the "Convert Database" button or when the convert starts ?
- send us the GAM crash log. A link to it can be found with the dialog that appears during the error (bottom-right button is "Save log" which sends you to the folder where the file is).
You can send files by attaching them on the forum thread.
- send us also the GAM log "GamLog.bin" from the folder : C:\ProgramData\Graitec\Advance Manager\2012

Regards,
Dumitru Berteanu

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.