Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 20:11:05 GMT by Nenad

Hi,

how can one split a table (list) inserted in the drawing? Sometimes the list is too long it exceeds the bottom of the page.

As until now, I had to explode the drawing and then manually split the list.

Cheers

Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:23:01 GMT by Greg Daneshvar GD Drafting Steel Detailer

How many details you have on one sheet? If you have multiple details on same sheet you may considering moving on or couple of them to another sheet. Would yo please provide the detail sheet you are having problem with?

Regards,

Grigor Daneshvar

Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:40:41 GMT by Nenad

Sometime a lot. Sometimes not that much. Every time exactly as it is supposed to be. Moving is not an option.

One of the examples can be seen on the attached picture.

Cheers

Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:47:28 GMT by Nenad

Very interesting way of attaching pictures, I must admit. Even though I got the confirmation "the file has been uploaded" - I didn't click on "click to return to forum" on the attaching window, and it seams that the picture got lost in the universum...

So here is another one, this time with "_0 suffix. I hope I won't get to "_23"...

Attachment: Table split_0.zip

Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:37:43 GMT by Nenad

I have to deal with this problem on a daily bases, is there a solution?

Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 18:37:04 GMT by

Hello Nenad,

if spliting up the parts into different sheets is not an option, how about scaling down the bill of materials so that it takes less room.  From what i see your bill of materials is taking up a big portion of the page.  Another option would be to set the bill of materials down the length of the sheet, this is not an uncomon practice.  One last thing can you send me your model so that i can see if other options are available. 

Julio Alfaro

julio.alfaro@graitec.us

Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 14:21:42 GMT by Nenad
Hi Julio,thank you for a reply.We are working for another company in another country, so we have predefined rules that we have to stick with. The structure and proportions of the tables are predefined, so we can't change any part of them.I've checked with my boss, and the table orientation change is also not an option. It is not practical - imagine the worker on the site rotating his head and/or drawings trying to find the parts of interest...The model itself sent won't give you anything to start with (apart the fact that I would have to ask my boss if I can send it to you too), I would have to tell you all the rules and expectations we have to fulfill, so you could have the idea what should be done.The problem in a few words: we often have the groups of assemblies that should be put on a single drawing. The assemblies have many different parts, and there is 1% for welds that must be mentioned for every assembly in the table.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.